COVID-19 Response: Outdoor Rinks
Know Before You Go
- Stay home if you are sick and experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Always stay 2 meters apart from those not in your group and 3 metres apart when participating in physical activity.
- Non-medical face masks are not required in outdoor public settings or while participating in physical activity but are recommended wherever you cannot maintain 2 metres (6 feet) of physical distance in public areas and 3 metres while participating in physical activity.
- The number of people on the rink at once must not exceed the restrictions on public gatherings (30 people maximum as of November 2020).
- Sanitize your hands before and after using the rink.
- Sunflower seeds, spitting and chewing tobacco are not permitted.
- If the rink is busy, come back when it is not as busy, or go to another rink.
- Any kind of organized or pick-up hockey during designated public skating times is not permitted on outdoor rinks.
- During unsupervised skate times, use the rink at your own risk.
- Most outdoor rinks will not have skate change or warm up facilities available.
- Most outdoor rinks will not have washrooms available.
As per the Public Health Order issued effective Nov 26, 2020 through to Dec 17, 2020:
- Team sports such as hockey are not permitted including competitions and games for all amateur and recreational leagues. Group training for individual athletic events such as figure skating and speed skating is not permitted.
- Individuals 18 year of age or under may continue conditioning and skills training in groups not exceeding 8 individuals so long as 3-meter distancing between all individuals is maintained. If 3-metre distancing cannot be maintained, then non-medical masks must be worn.
Outdoor Rinks in Rochdale Park
Lawson Heights Community Association owns and operates two outdoor rinks in the community. It takes a considerable amount of time and money to operate these rinks and we know they are appreciated in our community.
Our ability to do this requires volunteer support. If you would like to help with the the rinks, please contact us at email@example.com.