The Lawson Heights Community Garden Collective is a group of volunteers working with LHCA, CHEP, local schools, and City of Saskatoon to start a community garden in Lawson Heights. We hope to have the garden up and running in May 2019.
- The goals of the community garden include: local food security, park enhancement, building community connections, environmental and gardening education, and sustainability
FEBRUARY UPDATE: We have received approval from the City administration and pending our public meeting (date tbd for the week of March 18) we will break ground in May 2019. We have the support of Lawson Heights School, St. George School, the Lawson Heights Community Association, and many residents, so we don’t anticipate any problems at the public consultation.
- Rochdale Park east of the hill will be the location.
- The garden will be divided into two parts because of the City water line that runs right through our proposed location.
- the plus side of that is that we have ready access to irrigation
- There will be individual plots that gardeners manage for themselves, and there will be community U-pick plots that anyone can help maintain and harvest.
- The garden is a work in progress and we will rely on the generosity and knowledge of local residents and business to help make this project a sustainable success.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register your interest in our community garden.