Sustainably grown healthy food and a gathering place to meet your neighbours.
Garden News and Events:
- The garden is done for the year and despite some weird weather and hard soil it was a great success!
- Stay tuned for upcoming meetings and application deadlines.
The deadline to apply for garden space in 2019 has passed. Check this website for details on application for 2020.
If you are selected to have a plot in the garden this year, you will be required to complete and submit the garden agreement as well as the $25 annual fee. The fees are used directly for the operation of the garden.
About the Garden
The Lawson Heights Community Garden Collective is an independent group of volunteers working with LHCA, CHEP, and City of Saskatoon to start a community garden Spring 2019.
The goals of the community garden include: local food security, park enhancement, building community connections, environmental and gardening education, and sustainability
About the garden:
- Once up and running, the Lawson Community Garden will be on of more than 50 such gardens in Saskatoon.
- There will be individual plots that gardeners manage for themselves, and there will be community U-pick plots that anyone can help maintain and harvest.
- The garden is in Umea park next to the Hindu temple.
- The garden is a work in progress and we will rely on the generosity and knowledge of local residents and business to help make this project a sustainable success.
- We received grants from the Lawson Heights Community Association and CHEP to get the garden started.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register your interest in our community garden.