Sustainably grown healthy food and a gathering place to meet your neighbours.
Garden News and Events:
- Site preparation continues with additional rototilling being required and additional soil amendments being added. We expect the garden to be ready to plant by Wednesday May 29.
- Thanks to Early’s Farm and Garden for donating seeds to the garden!
- The City of Saskatoon has changed the location of the Lawson Community Garden. With the support of Hindu Temple and Bethany Manor, the garden will be located in Umea park next to the temple. The Lawson Garden Collective is glad to have new welcoming neighbours after the opposition we faced with the original proposed Rochdale Park location.
The deadline to apply for garden space in 2019 has passed. Check this website for details on application for 2020.
If you are selected to have a plot in the garden this year, you will be required to complete and submit the garden agreement as well as the $25 annual fee. The fees are used directly for the operation of the garden.
About the Garden
The Lawson Heights Community Garden Collective is an independent group of volunteers working with LHCA, CHEP, and City of Saskatoon to start a community garden Spring 2019.
The goals of the community garden include: local food security, park enhancement, building community connections, environmental and gardening education, and sustainability
About the garden:
- Once up and running, the Lawson Community Garden will be on of more than 50 such gardens in Saskatoon.
- There will be individual plots that gardeners manage for themselves, and there will be community U-pick plots that anyone can help maintain and harvest.
- The garden will be in Umea park next to the Hindu temple.
- The size of the garden and number of plots has yet to be finalized because the City changed the location of the garden.
- The garden is a work in progress and we will rely on the generosity and knowledge of local residents and business to help make this project a sustainable success.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register your interest in our community garden.