Role: Oversee the design, production, and distribution of our print and email newsletters.
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Assemble and edit information provided by LHCA Board members and community contributors for our two printed and one email newsletter per year.
- Communicate with individuals, businesses, and non-profit organizations wishing to advertise in the newsletter. This will include providing invoices for their ads.
- Report the newsletter schedule and submission deadlines, delivery dates and anticipated content to the Board .
- Twice yearly, submit prepared newsletter to printing agency and coordinate distribution. (We use volunteers and Canada post to distribute print newsletters)
- At least once yearly, send email newsletter to LHCA subscribers through our MailChimp account
- Send PDF copy of each newsletter to Web Director for online publication.
Time Commitment: Periodic based on publication cycle.
[Printed newsletters distributed in early September and early December. Email newsletter sent in early June.]
Skills Preferred: Publication software (Microsoft Publisher or Adobe or similar), writing and editing, organization and managing details. Familiarity with MailChimp is an asset but not required.