The LHCA is pleased to be hosting a family fun day with the Saskatoon Blades on Sunday January 19, 1:00 -2:30 PM at St. George School rink.
The day will start with the Blades playing an exhibition shinny game (all invited to watch) followed by a chance to:
- meet and skate with the players
- get autographs
- take a photo with Blades mascot Poke Check
- Jim Cuddy from Blue Rodeo will be there!
Coffee and hot chocolate from Tim’s will be available, as well as hot dog’s from Boryski’s, and there will be a DJ playing some fresh grooves too!
A very special thank you to the Saskatoon Blades for their community spirit!
We are pleased to be offering a yoga class on Wednesday nights (7:30 pm) and a umba class on Thursday nights (7:00 pm). Each class is limited to 30 people (must be 12 years old or older).
We are still accepting registrations for yoga and zumba. Email email@example.com to register. For detailed information about our classes, please visit our programs page.
The Lawson Heights Community Association newsletter is primarily used to communicate the details of community association events and programs but, when space permits, we will accept outside advertising.
Next issue to be delivered mid-February. Submission deadline January 31st.
Non-profit organizations providing a community service are not charged. Other advertising is priced at $50 for 2×4 inch ad and $100 for a 5×7 inch ad. For more information contact Tanya Spelay at 306-343-7338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you like to walk around the neighbourhood? If so, volunteer to help deliver the newsletters around Lawson Heights.
More info about our newsletter is here.
Attached is the newsletter from St. George School for Dec. 19, 2013.
sgs newsletter 19-12-13
It takes volunteers to make the community association vibrant. We have a lot of great volunteers already but we could always use more help on our executive. You don’t need special expertise to join our crew, just a willingness to help.
We are currently seeking people for the following roles:
- Indoor Program Coordinator(s) – help us put together fall and winter indoor programs for children and adults.
- Social Coordinator – everybody loves a party right? Help us organize social events for the community.
- Flag Football Coordinator – liaise with Saskatoon Minor Football and local team coaches
- Lawson School Rep – we’d love to have representative from the Lawson School community council
- Member at Large – a great way to dip your feet in the volunteer pool
Please contact email@example.com if you would like any more information, or even better, if you are ready to help.