On behalf of the Lawson Heights Community Association we would like to thank everyone who came out and made our Family Skate with the Saskatoon Blades event such as success!
Thank you to our many volunteers – we couldn’t have done it without you.
Also, a special thank you to the Saskatoon Blades and our sponsors Tim Horton’s and Canadian Tire.
The City of Saskatoon is excited to offer four weeks of winter skating fun for everyone! Join us at St. George School rink for a free learn to skate experience.
NO REGISRTATION is required. Just show up. Learning is progressive so attending all sessions will maximize the benefit.
February 22, March 1, 8, 15 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Program leaders will offer structured and unstructured activities to develop basic skating skills.
- Participants must provide their own equipment and will be required to wear CSA approved winter helmets. Bike helmets are not suitable. Children under the age of six must be accompanied by an adult or responsible youth.
- Program may be cancelled in the event of inclement weather.
There will be two levels of lessons available and will assist in basic skill development. Staff on site will work with participants to meet their needs. Staff will run lessons at designated times or as participants request. Ages 6-15
We are pleased to be offering a yoga class on Wednesday nights (7:30 pm) and a umba class on Thursday nights (7:00 pm). Each class is limited to 30 people (must be 12 years old or older).
We are still accepting registrations for yoga and zumba. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. For detailed information about our classes, please visit our programs page.
The Lawson Heights Community Association newsletter is primarily used to communicate the details of community association events and programs but, when space permits, we will accept outside advertising.
Next issue to be delivered mid-February. Submission deadline January 31st.
Non-profit organizations providing a community service are not charged. Other advertising is priced at $50 for 2×4 inch ad and $100 for a 5×7 inch ad. For more information contact Tanya Spelay at 306-343-7338 or email@example.com.
Do you like to walk around the neighbourhood? If so, volunteer to help deliver the newsletters around Lawson Heights.
More info about our newsletter is here.
It takes volunteers to make the community association vibrant. We have a lot of great volunteers already but we could always use more help on our executive. You don’t need special expertise to join our crew, just a willingness to help.
We are currently seeking people for the following roles:
- Indoor Program Coordinator(s) – help us put together fall and winter indoor programs for children and adults.
- Social Coordinator – everybody loves a party right? Help us organize social events for the community.
- Flag Football Coordinator – liaise with Saskatoon Minor Football and local team coaches
- Lawson School Rep – we’d love to have representative from the Lawson School community council
- Member at Large – a great way to dip your feet in the volunteer pool
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any more information, or even better, if you are ready to help.