1pm-2pm Free Saskatoon Blades Shinny (inter-squad game)
2pm-3pm Free Skating and Pictures with the Blades
3pm-5pm Free Horse Wagon Rides & Sledge Hockey
Plus: BBQ, Hot Chocolate, Canada 150 Firepit and More!
Thanks to our sponsors: Shaw, Hoffmann Kool, Pinehouse Eyecare, Remax, Firework Addict and the Saskatoon Blades
Register Now Online program sign-up will begin on Sunday, Dec. 18th at 7:00PM and end on Wednesday, Jan. 4 at 10:00PM. Registration is still open for some programs that have not started yet. There will be no in-person sign up. Programs may change. If cost is a barrier to participation, please contact LHCA at email@example.com (all inquiries are kept confidential).
Soccer Registration is Feb. 27 – March 3 and we are always looking for coaches
- Sports Fun (3-5 yrs) Sister O’Brien School Gym, Thursdays 6:00pm – 6:45pm Starts Jan 12. Fee: $35 (10 weeks)
- Irish Dance (5-7 yrs) Brownell School Small Gym, Wednesdays 6:00pm – 6:45pm Starts Jan. 11 (10 weeks) Fee $35
- Musical Theatre (8-12 yrs) Marion Graham Dance Studio, Wednesdays 7:15pm – 8:00pm Starts Jan 11 – March 22 (10 weeks) Fee: $35
- Home Alone (9 yrs +) Lawson Heights School Library, Tuesday Feb. 7 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Fee: $30
- Engineering for Kids – Design for the Future (7 – 11 yrs) Lawson Heights School Library, Wednesdays 6:30pm – 8:00pm Starts Jan. 25 Ends Mar 8. Fee: $180 (6 weeks – No Class Feb 22)
- Yoga for the Family (5-10 yrs) & parent Sister O’ Brien School Gym, Mondays 6:10pm – 6:55pm, Starts Jan 9 (10 weeks). Fee: $20/person
- Babysitting Course (11 – 15 yrs) Lawson Heights School Library, Mondays 6:00pm – 9:00pm, Starts Mar 6, Ends Mar 20 (3 weeks). Fee: $40
- TRX Group Training (13 + yrs) St. Angela School Gym, Thursday 8:30pm – 9:30pm Starts Jan. 5 (9 weeks). Fee: $32
- Badminton (16+ yrs) Lawson Heights School Gym, Wednesday 8:30pm – 10:00pm Starts Jan 11, Ends Mar 22. Fee: $25 (10 weeks-No Class Feb 22)
- Jazzercise (16+ yrs) Lawson Heights School Gym, Mondays 7:00pm – 8:00pm Starts Jan 16, Ends Mar 27. Fee: $35 (10 weeks-No Class Feb 20)
- Country Heat Zumba (16 + yrs) St. George School Gym, Fridays 6:00pm – 7:00pm Starts Jan 13, Ends Mar 31. Fee: $35(10 weeks-No Class Jan. 27, Feb 24)
- Yoga & Weights (16 + yrs) Silverwood Heights School Gym, Tuesdays 8:30pm – 9:30pm, Starts Jan 10 (10 weeks). Fee: $35
- Krush Fitness (16 + yrs) Silverwood Heights School Gym, Thursdays 7:10pm – 8:10pm, Starts Jan 5 (9 weeks). Fee: $35
- Butts & Guts Circuit (16 + yrs) Silverwood Heights School Gym, Fridays 6:00pm – 7:00pm Starts Jan. 6 (10 weeks). Fee: $35
- Saturday Sweat (16 + yrs) St. Angela School Gym, Saturday 10:30am – 11:30am Starts Jan. 14 (9 weeks). Fee: $45
We’re getting excited for our annual Winterfest coming Feb. 5, 2017 from 1-6:30pm. We have some exciting activities lined up. At 1pm the Blades will play an inter squad game of “shinny” and then skate around with kids, plus we have Wagon Rides, Hot Chocolate, Hot Dogs, Fire Pit, and the best winter Fireworks!
Thanks to our sponsors: Saskatoon Blades, Shaw Communications and Remax (Michelle Rezansoff)
Congratulations to all those elected to positions on the 2016-17 Board of Directors for the community association. We are still looking for some volunteers so please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you have, or expressions of interest!
President – Richard Medernach
Past President – Michelle Rezansoff
Vice-President – VACANT
Secretary – Shannon Forester
Director of Finance – Eva Gleadow
Director of Recreation & Cultural Activities (Adult) – Vernon Boldick
Director of Recreation & Cultural Activities (Youth) – VACANT
Membership Director – Eva Gleadow
Social Events Director – Lindsey Gerwing
Web & Social Media Director – Tyler Rody
Rink Director – Brian Pryhitka
Newsletter Director – Tanya Spelay
Soccer Coordinator – Monique Marshall
Basketball Coordinator – Joel Donauer
St. George School Liaison – Lindsey Gerwing
Lawson School Liaison – Tyler Rody
Director(s) at Large – Kandace Dewey
City of Saskatoon Consultant – Leanne Schellenberg
All residents of Lawson Heights and all members of the LHCA are invited to our Annual General meeting at 8:00pm on Tuesday October 11 in the library of Lawson School.
The AGM is where we elect our Board of Directors for the year so new faces are most welcome. We have a few open spaces on the Board and we would be happy to have new members at large too.
Notice of proposed changes to LHCA constitution and bylaws
At the AGM, we intend to approve the addition of “Facilities Coordinator” to our Board of Directors. This requires a change to our governance document.
Lawson Heights Articles and Bylaws
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.